One tough Rapid Attack Truck that’s ready to take on any terrain
The HXR™ (HME Extreme Rapid Attack Truck) offers tough, and durable 4x4 off-road capability to tackle a wide range of terrain, in some of the country’s most challenging wildland and rural environments. The high-clearance 4x4 SFO® chassis provides the capability to climb over obstacles that stop others apparatus in their tracks. Wide, super-single tires and tire inflation system optimize float over soft surfaces and sand to expand the HXR’s functionality in various conditions.
Engineered for extreme conditions and demanding operations
The custom HME Ahrens-Fox SFO® (Short Front Overhang) chassis was engineered specifically for wildland and interface operations. Designed in conjunction with CAL Fire, for Model 18, Type-1 Interface applications, the SFO® chassis offers exceptional stability along with a tight-turn radius made to handle mountain switch backs with ease.
- Department of Forestry Tilt table tested.
- Cal Fire lane-change and wildland obstacle course tested.
- Proprietary, modular mounting system isolates the water tank and tank frame from chassis stress and twist optimizing truck stability and control in uneven and extreme terrain operations.
- Body mounting system keeps the stainless steel body independent of stresses transferred from the chassis and subframe to improve apparatus durability and apparatus life.
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel body, with aircraft quality construction, offers easy maintenance and economical repairs.
- Custom storage system accommodates wildland equipment, tools and gear.
- Wide super-single tires and tire inflation system optimize float over soft ground and sandy terrain.
- HME Ahrens-Fox SFO® 4x4 Chassis
- Optional Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS) is also available to offer additional traction control.
- Wide, Super-Single tires
- Vertical exhaust system for off-road operations
- 96-inch wide cab with 12-inch raised roof
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel body featuring aircraft quality construction
- 1500-GPM Pump
- Extreme scene, directional and warning light systems
- Optional Ahrens-Fox MadDogxl Compressed Air Foam Systems, available in three ratings ranging up to 160-CFM, are also available.